Job Description: SWAT is a voluntary ministry, where we seek to disciple and train students to be servants worthy and true. SWAT serve as a part of our retreats and summer camp.
SERVANT - a devoted and helpful follower or supporter
If you’re thinking of serving the Lord through SWAT, here’s some things you need to know and consider...
PRAY and ask God to give you His peace about even applying for SWAT. We want you to be informed of the requirements for this program. We, too, are praying as you make an informed decision regarding this commitment.
ASPIRE to become effective leaders through serving others. Christian teens entering grades 9 through 12, this is an opportunity to learn to apply the disciplines of servanthood, characteristics and knowledge that it takes to seek to become effective leaders.
SERVE (Begin at home!) In the book Improving Your Serve, Charles Swindol focuses on a verse found in Mark’s gospel account of the life of Jesus, which is our basis for creating SWAT. Mark 10:45 says, “for even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many”. We believe servanthood is best taught through experience, example, and God’s Word.
➢ Must be a Christian
➢ Must be willing to submit to leadership in order to accomplish the camp objectives
➢ Must have read and agree to submit to our doctrinal statement found here
➢ Attend at least 3 of the SWAT 2024 Training Retreats (Cost $65 each):
- Jan 19-20
- Feb 16-17
- Missions Week April 1-5
➢ Serve with an excellent attitude at two or more of our winter/fall retreats.
- Feb 2-3 – Men's Weekend
- Mar 1-2 – Ladies Weekend
- Apr 19-20 – Jr High Weekend
- Apr 26-27 – Kidz Weekend
- May 3-4 Sr – High Weekend
➢ Memorize the following Scriptures (to be recited at the January retreat):
- 1st year SWAT – Memorize Colossians 3:1-17
- 2nd year SWAT – Memorize Colossians 3:1-25
- 3rd year SWAT – Memorize Philippians 2:1-18
- 4th year SWAT – Memorize Philippians 2:1-30
➢ Read a book and:
- Write 2 page report (12 point font, times new roman, double spaced) with the following format:
- Introduction (summarize the purpose of the book and why it was written)
- Body Part 1 (Give a general overview of the questions addressed and ways that those questions were answered)
- Body Part 2 (How did this book impact you and what did you learn)
- Conclusion (Why would you or would you not recommend this book to others)
- Assignment to be completed by March 31 (Turn in either at a retreat or email to email@example.com.)
➢ Attend Deeper Impact - July 15-18.
Deeper Impact is a 4 day camp for Gr. 9-12 who are seeking to develop a deeper understanding of God, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit, & the Church, that will refine and intensify your relationship to and walk with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Serve without being asked, give without expectations
- General clean up, set up and other background work necessary for camp
- Assist in cabins as a support for Summer Servers
- Serve campers to help them feel valued and loved